Each month, CAAO and CT IAAO sponsor IAAO educational webinars hosted at the Town of Rocky Hill. Webinars are free of charge to CAAO and/or CT IAAO members who attend the webinar at the Town Hall Council Chambers in Rocky Hill at 761 Old Main Street. Attendees receive 2 continuing education credits. Please sign up by emailing Stuart Topliff. Webinars marked "free" are available to IAAO members at their own computer (this does not apply to those who are only CT IAAO or CAAO members).
Mass Appraisal Modeling & Spatial Analysis in R
Wednesday, January 29,2020 1-3pm
**Moved Location to Rocky Hill Fire Headquarters at 3050 Main St for this webinar**
This introductory webinar will demonstrate features of the free and open source software R. It will cover the following topics:
- accessing and downloading R to your computer.
- importing, cleaning, and mapping sales data sets
- creating and interpreting basic multiple regression analysis (MRA) models
- validating models on holdout sales data using simple ratio studies
- plotting sales data and model performance on maps
-Links to R reproducible R scripts and real assessment data will be provided to attendees for additional learning reinforcement opportunities